Back in the swing of things! Dance, tap your feet, or sing along to some sweet tunes at Opelika’s Summer Swing Concert Series at Monkey Park. It restarted back in May—and you still have six more sessions left to attend. Already wanting to go? We’ve got the info you need to make your plans!
About Opelika’s Summer Swing Concert Series
A free concert every Tuesday! That’s the quick and easy summary. At Opelika’s Summer Swing Concert Series, you can jam out to local musicians and maybe even discover a new favorite group. Each concert offers a new performer—and the series spans many genres.
Fun fact: they also give out free lemonade! If you’re hungry, buy some hotdogs and burgers from the Opelika Band Boosters for the quintessential summer dinner and to support a local organization. They will prepare the burgers and dogs for a nominal fee from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m.
For all the fun, show up early. From 6:30 to 7 p.m., they also give out free rides on The Rocky Brook Rocket.
See the schedule
Good news! The next event in the Summer Swing Concert Series takes place tomorrow. View all your options here:
- June 28: Muse, a soft rock group playing all your favorite classics;
- July 6: Fedoras, a two-person group playing acoustic versions of folk, bluegrass, pop, and other songs;
- July 13: Martha’s Trouble, local songwriters who also run The Sound Wall, an Opelika recording studio;
- July 20: Crossroads, a five-piece band that performs both country and soft rock hits of yesterday;
- July 27: James Brown Trio, who sings Southern Gospel; and
- August 3: Back to School Bash.
Grab your picnic blankets! Summer Swing will start back up tomorrow—and every Tuesday through August 3.
This free event takes place at the same place and the same time each Tuesday: Monkey Park (located along North Fifth St.) from 6:15 to 8 p.m.
Music brings our community closer together! This season, create wonderful new memories at Opelika’s Summer Swing Concert Series. All you need to bring? Some blankets and an appetite!